Menu Close

2nds outplayed on their travels

2nd. XI v. Water Orton




On Saturday 22nd June, Kenilworth’s second team travelled to Water Ortion to play their latest Warwickshire County Cricket League Division Eight fixture and suffered a thumping 160 run defeat.

The Kenilworth skipper won the toss and asked Water Orton to bat first, and in the third over, Matt Casey had AJ caught by Darius Potten-Ravenshad without score, the home side 1 for 1. This bought Roscorla to the crease to partner Aquib, after surviving an early chance, both batsmen began to get the scoreboard moving, the visitors were unable to stem the flow of runs, as first the pair added fifty together, a series of boundaries were now putting the home side in a very strong position, past a hundred now, their partnership got bigger and bigger, Roscorla survived two more chances in the outfield, he and Aquib had gone past fifty, Roscorla in particular was very aggressive against the spin attack of the visitors, and soon Roscorla went to three figures, his innings containing several very big sixes. The pair went on to add 210 together for the second wicket, when Aquib was out for 81, this time Charlie Stranks with the wicket, thanks to a second catch for Darius Potten-Ravenshad, the home side 211 for 2. Next man in Moynahan made 14 before he was caught by Charlie Stranks off the bowling of Tom Skinner, now 236 for 3, and with the score on 256, Roscorla was finally out, again caught by Charlie Stranks off Tom Skinner, Roscorla making 128. Hussain fell lbw to Sam leach for 9, Shaz was bowled by Tom Skinner for 20, along with two late wickets for Chris Beech, thanks to a stumping and catch behind from Dan Horner, water Orton closed their innings on 277 all out in the fiftieth over. Wickets shared for Kenilworth, Tom Skinner the most successful with 4 for 59 from ten overs, Chris Beech with 2 for 33 from ten, Sam Leach with 1 for 52 from ten, Matt Casey with 1 for 59 from ten overs and 1 for 63 from ten overs for Charlie Stranks, as the players headed off for tea.

Mark Stranks and Dan Horner opened up the Kenilworth reply, but were soon very much up against it, losing Horner, bowled by Marley for 1, the visitors 7 for 1, Stranks went lbw to Ali for 5, Kenilworth now 11 for 2, this became 11 for 3 when Nathan Chant was bowled by Ali without score. David Barclay and Matt Casey were now at the crease, but soon Kenilworth lost their fourth wicket, Casey bowled by Marley for 7, Kenilworth slumping to 20 for 4. Darius Potten-Ravenshad joined Barclay, together the pair went on to add 43 together, as they slowly looked to repair the early damage, on 63, Potten-Ravenshad was bowled by Batsford for 28, Batsford then had next man in Charlie Stranks caught for 3, the visitors in deep trouble on 76 for 6. Barclay and Sam Leach took the score to 93, before Leach was bowled by Singh for 2, Tom Anscombe went for 2, bowled by Roscorla, Kenilworth 99 for 8. And when Barclay was caught off the bowling of Batsford for a gritty 45, Kenilworth were 104 for 9, last man in Chris Beech was last wicket to fall, bowled by Marley for 6, this left Tom Skinner 10 not out, and Kenilworth all out for 117 in the 30th over, Water Orton the winners by a huge 160 runs. Marley and Batsford taking three wickets each for the home side, Kenilworth take three points on a day they will want to forget. 




Related Posts