There is a strong youth section at Kenilworth Cricket Club which runs a number of teams at different age levels. During the summer every Monday and Tuesday evening is a junior cricket night and every corner of the ground is teeming with budding cricketers. Youth cricket has a high priority at the club and there is a core of coaches and helpers who devote a fantastic amount of time for coaching, training, games and travelling.
Why should you choose to send your children to Kenilworth Cricket Club for cricket coaching?
- We are very proud of the work we do with our younger members. We have had a successful coaching scheme for a number of years and are happy to say that a large number of our current senior players have come through the various youth teams before breaking into the senior teams.
- KCC hold the ECB’s Clubmark. This means that we have been (and continue to be) strictly monitored and audited to ensure we meet guidelines around youth cricket. These include the quality of coaching, coach to child ratios, insurance, safeguarding, child protection policies and more. See Clubmark for more details
- All of our coaches are either current players and / or qualified coaches
- We have a Safeguarding Officer and two Assistants elected
- Our Tuesday evening coaching is run to ensure our youngsters are provided with first rate coaching
- We are committed to ensuring that all children and young people participating in cricket with the Club have a safe and positive experience and have a dedicated Safeguarding Officer.
- Our facilities are excellent and allow for parents and guardians to sit on our patio or veranda with a drink and watch their children training.
Click on the coaching sessions tab for further details. If you have any queries relating to junior cricket, please email Jane Thomas